Improved search tool for industrial designers
IP Australia has announced Australia joined DESIGNview, an initiative of the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
The free-to-use online tool will enable easy access search tools for design registrations that enable industrial designers and design brands with due diligence for their own registration process.
DESIGNview, sharing IP intel with 73 countries
DESIGNview is an online tool that gives access to design applications and registrations provided by 73 participating offices.
DESIGNview will enable other IP offices to easily find Australian designs which will help in their consideration as part of the prior art base.
With the addition of more than 220,000 industrial designs from IP Australia, DESIGNview now provides information and access to more than 18 million designs in total.
Since the introduction of DESIGNview on 19 November 2012, the tool has served more than 6.7 million searches from 163 different countries, with the UK, Germany, and China among the most frequent users.
What is DESIGNview?
Joining DESIGNview gives Australian designers and businesses another avenue for exposure to the global marketplace.
You can use DesignView to:
- perform searches 24/7, free of charge
- check and visualise existing designs across Europe
- check market tendencies
- help users to check the originality of a design
- receive updates on selected designs for a change of status, change of applicant/owner name, and end of the expiry date
- view the design details from the office of origin
- print or export design details
Visit DESIGNview for more details
Search almost 18 million designs via the EU & beyond here
Questions? Drop us an email: