ADA OUTCOMES 2016-17
Sub Heading Part 1
- PARTNERSHIPS + NATIONAL ASSOCIATIONS // Australian Copyright Council, Australian Design Centre; Design Canberra; Craft ACT; Factory Design District; JamFactory; Good Design Australia and Sydney Craft Week. Read about our AFFILIATE Partners here.
- DESIGN EVENTS + INSTALLATIONS // VIVID Sydney; Women in Design (Design Tasmania), InDesign (Melbourne, Sydney), Design Canberra, and Workshopped are a few events we hosted installations promoting new design. In 2016-17 ADA events were attended by more than 5,000 people.
- TALKS + WORKSHOPS // More than 5000 design supporters joined our events in the past 18 months.
- DESIGN-MADE. + 3 days of design // In partnership with Factory Design District, we launched our own 3-day design event in Sydney in 2017. Register for updates on our future events at design-made.org // Follow @design_made.
- ADA + AWARD PARTNERS // ADA 'Award of Merit' presented in partnership with GOOD DESIGN AWARDS, vivid design competition, Launch Pad, and Workshopped to acknowledge true originality, and encourage genuine design innovation.
- ADA vs AUSTRALIAN IP REVIEW // The ADA dedicated 9 weeks to driving submissions and presentations to the PCIP inquiry into Australian Intellectual Property laws. Supported by our legal partners Banki Haddock Fiora, we reviewed the 700+ page PCIP report, submitte a 5000+ word response. Read more here.
- RESEARCH + CASE STUDIES // The Government Productivity Commission report cited a lack of ‘empirical evidence' that Australian designers and business lose out financially to design theft – so we’re collating case studies and joining research groups. Read Case Studies
- STATE GOV THINK TANKS + RESEARCH BODIES // ADA contributed to a research paper on how design increases manufacturing (delivered to the Victorian State Government); joined CREATE NSW (State Government) creative industries think tank; and Australian Copyright Council policy strategy roundtables.
- ADA x OUR NEWSPAPERS // We have published three tabloid newspapers, with a total circulation of 20,000 copies to support our partners and promote awareness around original design.
- EDUCATE MEDIA + DRIVE STRATEGIC PR CAMPAIGNS // It can take up to 2-weeks to educate journalists about the nuances of IP, design laws and the problems with the replica industry. Mainstream media are not design literate, and many business reports promote, support and seek comment from replica brands. We need our own team to continue this education.